Join Our Team
SilkWeb promotes a Native American hiring preference. We encourage enrolled tribal members, persons of Native American descent, and persons residing on an Indian Reservation to apply for all positions. Native American hiring preference is protected under the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs and the Title 41 Federal Regulation 60-1.5(a)(7).
SilkWeb is committed to equity and inclusion in its employment practices. We work with the local Phoenix Indian Center and Native Hire Non-Profit to advertise openings. In 2021 we welcomed two Native American interns through the Job Readiness Youth2Work program.
Working at SilkWeb is engaging and empowering. No role is siloed, every teammate is valued and invested in. We support each other to excel. We're more than colleagues- we're friends and it shows in our high quality of work and the dedication everyone brings every day.
Our Work Makes a Difference
SilkWeb's Instructional Designers work on projects that make a difference in the world. We offer a flexible work environment and a family-friendly atmosphere. Our team is comprised of experienced instructional designers who are committed to our learner-centric design approach and skilled in Universal Design and Quality Matters™ standards.
* Degree in Instructional Design.
* Demonstrated work experience in instructional design preferably for higher education or state/local government.
* Current Quality Matters™ credential.
* Demonstrated proficiency in applying instructional design theory, models and best practices; demonstrated proficiency using instructional design tools such as learning project plans, design documents, learning hierarchies, prototypes, etc.
* Thorough knowledge of instructional design principles and learning strategies, including needs analysis, backwards design, learning outcomes and assessment design, and instructional approaches including lecture, discussion, activities, projects, etc.
* High proficiency in software applications usage to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Articulate 360, Blackboard, Canvas, and D2L.
* Excellent attention to detail and skills in communication, presentation design and delivery and data collection and analysis.
* Working knowledge of Section 508 and WACG standards.
* Self-starter with ability to work remotely and follow a daily schedule.
* Articulate Storyline
* Microlearning concepts
* Storyboarding and Course Mapping
* Universal Design
* Bi-Lingual in English/Spanish
* Develop instructional products in a Rapid Production setting.
* Responsible for designing, building, and delivering e-learning across a wide variety of academic topics.
* Collaborate with internal staff to ensure quality and accuracy of all learning materials.
* Design and follow e-learning templates in Articulate 360.
* Incorporate brand guidelines.
* Apply Universal Design standards to all work.
* Screen recording demos, video editing and captioning.
* Publish courseware into LMS (AICC, SCORM).
* Create narration scripts and storyboards when planing for a new online learning module or video.
* Manage and load training to an LMS course and test that it functions properly.
* Maintain and update existing eLearning courses.
If you are qualified, please submit your information using the submission form. You will only be contacted if we have an opening for which your experience is a fit.